Friday, March 04, 2011

Updates!

Like all good cooks, I have a few different things brewing. And like all good bakers, I want to share them.

First, I've been terribly slow to post, because I've been spending time over at one thousand less, ridding my life of earthly possessions. It's been really fun and fairly transformative losing a thousand things from my household, and it is addictive! I never thought minimalism would become a hobby (well, I might have had an idea), but there it is.

Next, Lent. You know, the time of year some of us quit chocolate, caffeine, media...

But traditionally, this 40-day period of fasting was observed by abstaining completely from animal products. Today, many Orthodox denominations continue this ancient practice. To encourage more of us to eat vegan for Lent, I've created a 40-day companion, Vegan for Lent. This guide is full of recipes, menu ideas, and lots more. It features restaurant suggestions specific to the Denver area, but can easily be used by anyone wishing to observe Lent in this way. Vegan for Lent will be available this Sunday, March 6. It's free. It's easy. Download and distribute it as you like.

Also, a quick cookbook update.

I'll post more details next week, but the short of it is that Cook, Eat, Thrive will be done this spring--with possible availability then--and in the larger bookshops this fall. In the meantime, I'll continue to post plenty of recipes from the book. If the project is delayed, you might as well have as many recipes as possible, right? I hope you enjoy them, and the book as a whole.

3 comments:

Devouring the Seasons said...

Can't wait to check back in for the Vegan for Lent! I am looking forward to it!

Johanna said...

I can't wait to see your "Vegan for Lent" recipe list. I was a preacher's kid, etc, etc...and we were vegetarian, but not vegan (when my parents were still together). My father still is vegetarian.

Peace,

Johanna

Aquarijenn said...

Perfect timing! I have been looking for the last couple of days for information on vegan recipes/menu lists for Lent. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Thanks!