Saturday, January 14, 2012

Cook, Eat, Thrive On The Way



It's coming. Cook, Eat, Thrive: Vegan Recipes from Everyday to Exotic will be on shelves in late February and available from amazon.com and PM Press a bit earlier. It will also be available as an ebook around the same time.

I want to thank all of you for the amazing support and kind words you've sent my way throughout its creation. As many of you know, the world of publishing can be unpredictable, and that was certainly true here. I had a baby, and took a year off of blogging to focus on mothering and writing. I saw the expansion of my publisher from Tofu Hound to PM, which slowed things down, but gave the book greater distribution. I'm grateful for all of it. And I am overflowing with gratitude at the confidence and patience you've lent me.

This book was an absolute pleasure to cook through and to write, often with a child on my back, or a room full of friends waiting to try its fruits. Such a joy! I hope you enjoy cooking from it as much as I enjoyed creating it.

Some of you have asked about signed copies. I would be so happy to sign or personalize your book, and am working on offering them directly through my site at a cost that is comparable to Amazon. I can't wait to hold them in my hands and send them on to you.

In the meantime, we'll share some eager anticipation. I'll keep the champagne ready. You bake the cake. We'll celebrate next month.

UPDATE: If you don't want to wait for the paper version, the ebook is available to download for your mobile device now! You can purchase it directly from PM here.

6 comments:

Anne said...

No need to wait, I was able to complete the ebook purchase through PM Press and download it. I might just make some chocolate dipped strawberries (from the book) to celebrate! Glad to see the Chocolate Chai cookies in the book, they were my Christmas cookies one year. Thanks Joy!

Joy said...

Anne, that's great! Thanks for letting us know!

So glad you enjoyed the Chocolate Chai Cookies. They're one of my favorites too.

Mihl said...

So awesome! I am glad your book is finally coming out and so many people will be able to cook from it!

Joy said...

Thanks Mihl! I was honored to have you as a tester for this book!

Lauren said...

I got an email from Amazon today saying that it would be April before the book would be available to ship. I may just cancel my order and do the ebook instead.

Joy said...

Hi Lauren, thanks for posting this. I looked into it with my publisher, and he assured me that the book is currently at the printer, and should take about three weeks to print. From there, it goes directly to distributors (Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc.). I'm not sure how Amazon figures out when titles become available, but it might just be an arbitrary date they listed instead of communicating with the publisher/printer.

Even if Amazon does decide to wait until April to sell the copies (unlikely), I'll have them available in a few weeks, and so will PM. One way or another, you should have an actual copy in hand within the next month!